Assam Agricultural University is inviting applications for various project-based positions, particularly the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF), in the project titled “Isolation of novel strains to develop efficient biofertilizer” in 2024. Established as the first institution of its kind in the North-Eastern Region of India, the university aims to produce globally competitive human resources in the farm sector and conduct research in both conventional and frontier areas for production optimization. The recruitment signifies the university’s commitment to agricultural research and development since its early establishment in 1897 with the formation of the Upper Shillong Experimental Farm. Interested candidates can find detailed application procedures and requirements on the official website of Assam Agricultural University or in the project details.
Name of post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of posts: 1
- M.Sc in Biotechnology
- M.Sc in Microbiology/Life Sciences
Also Read: SIPRD Assam Faculty Member Recruitment 2024
- Candidates with at least two years of experience in molecular and microbiological works will be given preference.
- Rs. 37,000/- per month + 8% HRA for scholars selected through National Eligibility Tests (CSIR-UGC NET) or GATE, or a selection process through National-level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions.
- Rs. 25,000/- + 8% HRA for others who do not fall under the above category.
- A walk-in-interview will be held in DBT-NECAB, AAU, Jorhat on 15/02/2024, starting from 10:30 AM onwards.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to appear for the interview with a bio-data, reprints/publications/thesis, one copy of passport size photographs, and original and attested copies of all testimonials.