Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) seeks applications for multiple administrative positions. They’re welcoming eligible candidates to apply for the role of Language Editor Consultant.
Name of post: Language Editor Consultant
No. of posts: 1
Also Read: SAIL Recruitment 2024
- Post-graduation in English/Mass Communication/Health or related subjects
- Prior editing experience in health-related topics
- Strong attention to detail and a pursuit of perfection
- Post-grad degree in social sciences or related field with strong English skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in manuscript writing, publishing in reputable journals, and editing peer-reviewed publications
- Strong research, analytical abilities, and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office/Google Docs
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Job Roles: The language editor’s responsibilities involve:
- Conducting English language editing for policy/technical briefs and manuscripts meant for peer-reviewed publications.
- Checking documents for grammar, technical accuracy, and content flow.
- Providing thorough proofreading for various requested project documents.
Payment will vary from 1000 to 1200 per page based on the level of editing needed, ranging from medium to high. Payment is issued after submitting the edited document.
How to apply:
Candidates should email their applications and relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for the post of Language Editor Consultant” and an attached updated curriculum vitae.
Deadline for applications: January 10, 2024
Official advertisement: Click here